Translation of Quran In English - Surah Al-Qalam
- By the pen and by that which they (angels) write.
- You are not. by the grace of your Lord, mad.
- And certainly, for you there is an endless reward.
- And undoubtedly, you possess excellent manners.
- Then now you shall soon see and they shall also see;
- As to which of you was caught with madness.
- Undoubtedly, your Lord knows well him who goes astray from His path, and He knows well those who areguided.
- Therefore, hear not the words of the beliers.
- They desire that any how you should be appeased then they too would be appeased.
- And hear not any such one who is a big swearer the mean.
- One who taunts a lot, going around with slander.
- Forbidder of good, transgressor, sinful.
- Ill-mannered, and moreover his birth is faulty.
- This is because he possesses some wealth and children.
- When Our signs are recited to him, he says 'stories of the ancients'.
- We shall soon brand upon his swine like snout.
- Undoubtedly, We have tried them as We tried the owners of the garden when they swore that they wouldcertainly reap their crop in the morning.
- And they said not 'if Allah please'.
- Then something going round from your Lord went round it while they were asleep.
- And in the morning it was as it were fruits plucked.
- Then they called one another in the morning.
- Saying, 'go to your fields early in the morning if you are going to reap'.
- And they went forth early in the morning, whispering together.
- That no needy person should come in your garden today.
- And they went forth early in the morning, determined upon their purpose.
- But when they saw it, they said, 'undoubtedly, we have lost our way'.
- Nay, rather we have been deprived of every thing.
- The most moderate of them said, "Did I not say to you, why do you not glorify Allah? "
- They said, 'Glory is to our Lord, undoubtedly, we had been unjust.
- Now one turned towards other reproaching.
- They said, 'Ah! Woe to us, undoubtedly, we were contumacious.
- It may be that our Lord will give us in exchange a better than it, we do humbly turn to our Lord.
- Such is the punishment, and the punishment of the Hereafter is far greater. What a good thing it was, if theyknew?
- Undoubtedly, for the God fearing, there are Gardens of Bliss with their Lord.
- Shall We make the muslims like the culprits?
- What happened to you? How you judge?
- Have you any Book wherein you read?
- That you shall have in it whatever you choose?
- Or have you some oaths from Us, reaching to the Day of Resurrection that you shall have all that you claim?
- Ask them which of them is guarantor thereof?
- Or have they some associates? Let them, then bring their associates, if they are truthful.
- The day when a leg shall be exposed (the meaning is known to Allah) and they will be called upon to prostratethemselves, they will not be able to do so.
- Their eyes will be cast down, and humiliation will be covering them, and they were indeed called upon toprostrate themselves in the world when they were sound healthy.
- So leave him to Me, who belies this word. Soon We shall draw them step by step whence they know not.
- And I shall grant them respite, undoubtedly, My secret planning is very strong.
- Or do you ask them a wage so that they are laden with debt?
- Or is the unseen with them so that they are writing?
- Therefore wait for the command of your Lord and be not as the Man of the Fish when he called out while hisheart was choking.
- Had not the favour of his Lord reached him for his care, he would have surely been cast upon land blamed.
- Then his Lord chose him and made him of His near ones.
- And it seems that the infidels with their bad looks will necessarily, stumble you when they hear Quran and theysay, 'He is surely faraway from wisdom'.
- And it is not, but an admonition for the worlds.